Mining & Resource Industry
Our methods and strategies have been implemented with mining and resources companies including BHPBilliton, Rio Tinto, OK Tedi, Anglo Coal, Nyrstar and HWE Mining.
Services we have provided for Mining & Resources include
- Use RCM to develop the maintenance strategy.
- Use RCM modelling to optimise maintenance frequency and activities.
- Criticality Assessment
- Use Reliability Centred Maintenance methodology to develop maintenance strategy for trucks and shovels.
- Generate resource predictions for individual machines and entire fleet.
- Reliability block modelling both individual machines and systems using AvSim to assess availability and critical assemblies.
- Providing strategy outputs to input in MinOpSim (MINe OPerations SIMulator) to link maintenance strategy to production output expectations.
- Developing an understanding of what the value proposition was and valuing improvements in reliability through design, commissioning and operation.
- Manage the risks proactively to maintain control of the equipment rather than have the equipment control us.
- Use the RCM process as a basis to capture the signs of failure or failure modes (as knowledge centre) to feed the maintenance strategy and the future design and operating parameters.
Some of the equipment we have modelled has included
- Bucyres 495HR Shovel
- Cat797 Dump Truck
- Hydraulic Drills
- Hydraulic Shovels
- Off Highway Trucks
- PH4100XPB Shovel
- Tyre Handler
- Water Trucks
Learn more about ARMS Reliability Services